Sunday, May 1, 2011

I was fretting for nothing

I was going to make LJ a quilt for his bed because I couldn't find a quilt ready made that I liked. I bought all the fabric and got started on it when I found a solid green quilt at Target that I liked. So, I bought the green quilt and decided I'd do a throw size quilt with the fabric that I'd bought. This was great because 1) it would go quicker and 2) it wouldn't be quite so scarey to quilt it.

Well, I got the top sewn together this morning and then went to JoAnns to get the fabric for the backing and binding. I got both the front and back done and started sandwiching everything together. I thought I'd gotten it just right and pinned it all over but when I looked on the back I saw a bunch of wrinkles! I smoothed it out and re-pinned and everything was fine. I decided to do a simple straight line stitching on each side of the seam. It went fairly quickly thanks to my walking foot that came with my new machine. Around the borders I also stitched straight lines...I did 2 rows.

Now I just have to cut the strips for the binding and get that finished. That'll take an entire day itself. Hand sewing the binding is no easy task! I'm so glad I've gotten the most of the work finished and I'm looking forward to making some more quilts to donate.

No comments: