Sunday, April 10, 2011

LJ's new bedding

Ricky helped me build a new headboard for LJ's bed. Okay...I'll be honest...Ricky built it and I just helped by calling out the measurements. haha I got it painted and Ricky came over and attached it for me. So, I decided it was time for new bedding. He's got a quilt that's quite faded and in need of a replacement. And after looking at nearly every online store I could think of and seeing nothing I liked, I decided to dive into a project that scares me. Making a twin sized quilt.

I settled on a disappearing 9 patch quilt pattern. I bought 1 yard of 9 different fabrics and cut my squares tonight. I've got 10 large blocks, but I'm thinking I may need more. I'll have to lay them out and see. I've got plenty of fabric left though. I'm hoping that I have enough left over to make a sham and a valance. It would be super if I had enough for a pillowcase as well. We'll see. That's hopeful thinking. I know I need to go back and get more of one fabric for a border, and I'm betting they won't have anymore. Just hoping they get more in or they can order it for me. I bought what was left on the bolt but didn't see if they had more in stock. I was too busy deciding on 9 different coordinating fabrics that I didn't think about the border fabric.

I'd post a picture, but my computer seems to be fighting against me pulling up pics. I'm quite annoyed with it right now.

No comments: