Thursday, February 25, 2010

No rest for the machines

I've been on a kick lately. I keep staring at all of this fabric and I decided it was time to get rid of some of it. LJ likes having me make blankets for him to use at daycare so I made him a few blankets. Alyssa's teacher is having a baby so I sewed up a few things for her too. It's nice to get some things out of here. The cute little bears fabric I used for one of LJ's blankets has been in my stash for over 2 years.
Bought it and couldn't "bear" to cut into it until now. I just couldn't think of the right project for it. The back is chenille. The other blankets were what I'd call a simple quilt. It's just a quilt top with a backing sewn and then topstitched. No batting and no quilting. LJ's favorite is the bug quilt.

My cousin is supposed to find out the sex of her baby in a couple weeks and I can't wait. I'll be starting on her baby stuff as soon as I find out. I just hope the baby cooperates!

Here's the pics of the things I've been making.


baby boy gift. I added 2 flannel washcloths, an embroidered burp cloth and paci clip to the package but didn't get a pic.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Thomas the Train quilt. Yes I meant to add the red border to only one side!
Photobucket


Bear blanket with chenille back. My favorite!
Photobucket


Isn't this the cutest fabric?!
Photobucket


LJ's favorite quilt. The first one I made him.
Photobucket

1 comment:

M. Schlansker said...

Oh my dear talented friend! One of these days I will learn to sew too.