Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pics of the progress

Just finished one thing so far for the girls' room. A peace sign clock. These are super easy to do and fun to match to the decor of the room. (I had to take the picture sideways because of the glare I kept getting from the flash)


Photobucket


Then I got a mini wallhanging done that says "LJ's Room". My very first quilt binding ever and I'm wondering why I always thought it was difficult. I'm no longer afraid of quilts now that I realize how easy the binding is. Maybe I'll finish that quilt I started a few years ago and quit at the last step...the binding.

I also made 2 pillow cases for LJ's bed. Regular size pillow and an accent pillow. I found a cute embroidery design and I didn't want to spend the $5 on it so I put my own together using letters I had and the train embroidery. I like how it came out and it was free! I already had the pillow form around the house. So far LJ's room re-do is costing me $40. And I'll hopefully get the pillows, curtains, wallhanging and quilt out of that $40. I love bargains.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Adding more! I just finished up the valance for the window. It was easy but time consuming doing all that hemming. Thank goodness for my serger though...shaved off a good bit of time with it.


Photobucket




I told LJ to close his eyes in the model pic and he kept rolling his eyes..so I told him to hide and this is what I got! Silly boy.


Photobucket

No comments: