Friday, September 25, 2009

Getting a start

Today was moving day. Furniture moving that is. I switched the kids' bedrooms. I had ordered several yards of Thomas the Train fabric for LJ's room decor and I was trying to figure out how in the world to make the best use of what I had to make him some sort of quilt and kept thinking how easy it would be if he had his toddler bed still. So I decided the girls could go back to each having their own bed but only if they were in LJ's room because there is one full usable wall in that room and not in their room. So the furniture got a swap and now they have new rooms. I'll be putting the shelves and everything in the girls' room next week along with painting the walls and their dresser.

I made a pillowcase using the Thomas fabric tonight and I'm working on an embroidery for an accent pillow right now. I plan to use the same design for a wall hanging that says "LJ's Room" with a train. I'll post pics as soon as things are moving along. I need to get some coordinating fabrics for the quilt but it should be fairly easy to do. I'm planning a strip quilt for ease and simplicity. And because I'm scared I won't be doing a binding...instead I'll do turn and topstitch to finish it. I really need to do a small baby quilt and practice with a real quilt binding. I don't know why it scares me so much..something about hand sewing that really freaks me out. LOL

Gotta get back to the embroidery machine. Got lots of ideas pouring out tonight and I'm taking full advantage of the creative spirit!

No comments: