Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's been a while since I posted last...not that anyone reads this. I have been keeping busy with little Ike running wild. He's been quite a handful lately and has really been pushing my buttons.

We're trying to get him to sleep in his own bed now so I've ordered Thomas the Train fabric to make curtains and pillowcases for him and we found a huge floor puzzle to put together and hang on the wall. Hopefully the Thomas things will make him want to stay in his room. He's a Thomas finatic. Last night he slept in the girls' bedroom because he wanted to watch his movie he rented (Alvin and the Chipmunks) and his tv doesn't have hookups for a DVD player. He spelt for a while in there but before the night was over he was in the bed with us. Hopefully it'll just take some getting used to and he'll be back in his bed for good.

I've been looking for new recipes...I'm in a cooking rut. I just haven't been in the mood to cook because it's always the same old thing. So I hunted the world wide web and found some yummy looking recipes so I just gotta make a grocery list and get to the store. I'll use this as an excuse to find some new cookware too. I've been wanting some new pots and pans for a while now. Mine are looking pretty rough after 10 years...they don't make things like they used to. I'm also looking into Once A Month Cooking. I'd spend an entire day or weekend cooking and preparing dishes and then freeze them so all I'd have to do is remove from the freezer and pop in the oven after work. That would make dinner so much more enjoyable since I wouldn't have all that preperation after a long day at work.

Speaking of dinner...I better go decide what I'm cooking tonight. I'm thinking Baked Tilapia and sweet peas.

2 comments:

M. Schlansker said...

I read your blog! And if you do the cook once a month thing..please let me know tips and how it goes..I need to streamline the cooking too, esp when Chip travels.

~amanda~ said...

I'll let you know how it goes. We have to get a new freezer before I plan a lot of it because ours is about to fall apart. LOL