Sunday, August 17, 2008

LJ's eventful morning

Well, what did you do this lovely Sunday morning? We started the morning out eating pop-tarts for breakfast and then we all sat down to watch Hairspray. Great movie. Then for some reason (I can't remember now) I got up and as I was walking back to the couch (behind LJ) he tripped and fell. He hit his forehead on the coffee table. I scooped him up and was going to take him to the kitchen to make an ice pack. I figured he'd have a big goose egg. When I got him scooped up though, I saw all the blood. I grabbed a towel and placed it on the cut. Then I took a chance to look at it. It was a huge gash. I jumped up and told all the girls to get dressed and I threw some clothes on. LJ was already finished crying (Only cried about 5 minutes) when we jumped in the car. We got to the hospital and luckily they saw us quickly.

The cut needed stitches inside and out. 3 stitches inside and then he whip stitched the outside. Then he applied some sort of glue and a steri-strip and a band-aid over that. He's done good not to mess with it. I felt so bad for him. I had to hold his legs down. One (female) nurse held his shoulders/arms and another (male) nurse held his head. Then the doc numbed him up and stitched it all up. He fought but we got through it. When we got home he was running around playing like nothing ever happened. Every move he made got me more nervous....he kept looking like he was going to fall or hit hit cut. He's napping right now. I'm hoping the cut doesn't hurt too badly when the numbness wears off.

Will update with a pic later...though it's all bandaged and you can't see it.

Well, that was my morning. Right now I'm watching Evan Almighty. This is one hilarious movie! Can't believe I waited until now to watch it.

No comments: