Sunday, August 31, 2008

A few screws and a blood blister later...

One of my many crafts is making hair bows. I've got lots of ribbons and tools and the last few days I've been enjoying making bows. I go in spurt with all of my crafts. I found a great forum where bow making is discussed and got this idea for making a glass cutting mat. It's used when I cut my ribbon with a wood-burning tool which cuts and seals the ribbon in one step.

Photobucket

http://www.aflightoffancy.com/freetips.html (Here's a link to the tutorial)

Also from that website, I was motivated to make a holder for my spools of ribbon. It's intended to have rods that go across, but I don't have any and the hardware store is closed today..so these long pegs will do for now. I'll pick up some rods soon.

Photobucket

And here's a quick pic of a bow I made the other day.

Photobucket

2 comments:

M. Schlansker said...

If I'm having a girl..I'm all set! You are too creative.

~amanda~ said...

I sure wish I knew...I'd have more hairbows than that kid could wear all year. LOL