Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm still there!

I made it through 3 days at my new job! I was very nervous going in. The practice is super busy and they do extractions (gasp) and root canals...both are things I've never assisted with. I've done an extraction once...and let's just say that the girls at Dr. D's won't let me live it down. Well, Tamia will be quite proud of me when I tell her about all the surgical extractions that I've assisted with without passing out! I was just thinking of her today as we were digging a tooth out of someone's jaw as it broke to pieces. LOL
I realized as I was sitting waiting on the doc to come in the room today that I love my new job. It's fast paced and I think sometimes that I'll never be able to keep up, but the days go by fast because we stay so busy and it's so nice being so close to home. I'm glad I finally made the move!

Nothing else exciting going on around here. I spent my day off yesterday sewing and dying yarn.

I finally got around to trying an infant gown.

Photobucket

And I made a shirt to match some yarn I'd dyed a while back.

Photobucket

I have some more yarn..but it's still drying. I'll post pics after it's finished and I have a shirt I need to make to match it.

No comments: