Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter has arrived

Well, after celebrating christmas along with 80 degree weather, winter have finally arrived. Today it never even reached 40! Crazy cold for us GA folks. With the wind chill, it felt even colder. Poor LJ didn't have a hat to cover his little ears and he wimpered as I strapped him in the carseat heading to Nana's this morning. So, I pulled out the needles and yarn and started on his Hudson Hat. Got 1 earflap and tie done and the other one 1/2 done. This is the pattern I'm using. Aren't they absolutely adorable?! I want to make him one using either brown colors in stripes or red, navy and cream in stripes. I can't decide. Who knows..If I survive the pattern maybe I'll make both. They should still fit him next year so it wouldn't be a waste to make him 3 hats.

Photobucket

Ky Baby Knits is an awesome store! Lindsay dyes beautiful yarn and with the introduction of the Hudson Hat and now the Hudson Pants she's well on her way to making a breakthrough in the knitting world. Such fun and exciting knitting when you use this technique and a great way to use up spare yarn. Go Lindsay!

Ky Baby Knits



I've decided to have LJ's second birthday party be a cowboy theme. I plan on going all out with the invitations and decorations. I figured it would be fun to make the invitations be a WANTED poster or either a cowboy hat cutout. Thought the wanted poster would be cute but not sure how to put them together. Or maybe I'll put something to the effect of "Mosey on over to LJ's barn for a ho down" I have to find him a pair of cowboy boots and a cowboy hat to complete his birthday suit. I am going to make him his birthday bib for when he eats his cake out of a bandana or fabric that looks like a bandana. This is going to bed fun!

I like these invites...Wonder where I could find that stamp..hmm...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Make the envelopes out of some cute cowboyish paper and stamp the design on cardstock and mat it with the info on the back of the card. On a stamp hunt.

No comments: