Thursday, September 13, 2007

Craft Corner

Geesh..I keep forgetting to keep up with this blog. I have too much going on.
I have been determined for several weeks now to learn to knit or crochet. SOMETHING with yarn. Knitting finally defeated me, so I picked up my crochet hooks and made it through an entire project. Granted, you can tell it's my first project, it is wearable. I made a hat and Alyssa likes it. I'm working on a different pattern right now and I like the way it's turning out. I can see these being made for christmas gifts.

I also defeated the zipper. The dreaded, scarey, intimidating zipper! I followed a tutorial on sewing mama's and I made a small zipper pouch change purse size for Cearra's birthday. Then I made a cosmetic bag for Dr. D's birthday.

Cearra's party was at the skating rink. Yipee..An excuse to go skating. I LOVE skating. So, we get there and get our skates on and I decide to take Trini around first. We get the entire way around and start again when her skates hang up and we both hit the ground. I landed on my left knee. HARD. It looks awful now. And still hurts almost a week later when I bend it or even barely touch it. It hurts to put my leg over the baby gate at home when I have pants on. And it's starting to turn all yellow and nasty looking. Eewww.

I gotta get some better pics of my crochet projects and I'll post them later.

No comments: