Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trying something new

Since I've been a member over on Sewingmamas.com and Sewforum.com I've seen lots of adorable doll clothing that people have made. I've always wondered how it would be....easy or hard? That's a lot of little seams and tight spots. I decided to give it a whirl. I have purchased many patterns from Carla C on Youcanmakethis.com for children's dresses, shirts and pants and they always include the doll version. So I printed them all out today and got started! I even bought a doll to use as my model at JoAnns yesterday. She's not American Girl, but she's cute anyways. And with my 40% off one item and 25% off my total coupon I got her for only $9.20! I wish I would've picked up a doll stand though because she won't stand up on her own. I'll have to get one next time I'm at the store. That'll probably be soon...I've got a quilting project in mind that I want to do for Spring and I need the fabrics.





2 comments:

M. Schlansker said...

so talented. I need your motivation... I must learn how to sew.

~amanda~ said...

yes, you'll have so much fun if you do!