Monday, March 21, 2011

Pet Peeves

I was working on a patient today. She's one of THOSE patients who can't swallow their own spit while they're in the dental office. I'm just wondering what the heck these people do while they're outside of the office. Do they spit all day or swallow? When you sit there with your mouth open while we're looking in your mouth, then saliva will pool in your throat. And this may come as a shock, but it's the same dang saliva that comes out any other time of the day! Geez people...you can swallow it. LOL And I understand not wanting to swallow if we've been doing a filling and there are bits of stuff in your mouth, but I'm talking about the people who have nothing other than their own saliva in their mouth.

Another one is people eating while they're on the phone. It's the most annoying sound. I just have to end the conversation right then and there. My mom always warns me now when she's about to eat. haha!

I have others, but those are two that annoy me most often.

So there's my pointless post for today.

2 comments:

M. Schlansker said...

Guess I won't call you with a mouth full anymore..I dont' think I"ve dont that. Miss you lots!

~amanda~ said...

haha..no I don't think you have. Moms the worst about it. Missing you guys a bunch too!