Sunday, July 27, 2008

LJ's shorties

I tried out a new pattern and let me just say that I am soooo glad to be finished with these. The pattern is great...it fits LJ perfectly! But I didn't understand it at first. This yarn has been through heck and back. First it was knitted into shorties minus one leg, then frogged. Then it was crocheted for about 6" using the new pattern but my stitch count was off so I frogged it again. Crocheted AGAIN using the same pattern and made it 13" only to realize I was measuring wrong and frogged it AGAIN!!! Then on my 4th attempt to transform this yarn into something more than a pile of twisted fibers, I completed the pattern. Now that I understand what I'm supposed to be doing with the pattern, I'm glad I worked it. The shorts fit him perfectly! I'm going to add a trim around the bottom of the legs with the trim color I used for the waistband to finish them off, but I couldn't wait for model shots. And LJ was happy to oblige.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

M. Schlansker said...

Your talents keep growing! I wish I had only half as much talent as you do. I tried calling you a few times while in Augusta and never connected. Is everything ok?