Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Saving my sanity

This mama has had enough! I do it all around here and no one seems to appreciate it. So I've created a chore chart for the girls. It's about time they learn some responsibility! I've thought of a few chores for them to do daily and weekly....including washing their own clothes. They've been shown and I'll double check their sorting to make sure they're not washing the wrong things together.

And I'm tired of mail sitting on the counters, so I put up a corkboard in the kitchen with pockets (made from envelopes) to hold mail..sorted by stuff I need to take care of and stuff Joe needs to take care of. I've also put up a calendar so everyone can jot down when something is going on and I can see it when I need to.


Photobucket


Photobucket




Now...if anyone wants to come over and help me sort through these bags and bags of clothes this weekend I'm up for the company. I've got to sort through the things to carry to Kid to Kid and what to carry to another consignment shop. If I'm lucky I'll get back enough money from Kid to Kid to pay for Alyssa's new glasses. And if I'm even luckier enough stuff will sell at the other shop to buy a lot of the kids' summer clothes. The girls love shopping at this particular shop with their stepmom so I figured that's where I'd take the clothes. Kid to Kid is kinda picky on what they take and of course all the adult clothes I have can't go to them.

1 comment:

M. Schlansker said...

Good for you to create a choir list. I'm going through an organizational phase too, I can't seem to get my house organized enough. (And you know me, I'm fairly organized). Can't wait to see pics of the new glasses.