Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I met a man named Albert

I met a man named Albert. He is from Wales. He's been living in the United States since sometime in the late 70s. He and his wife came over and he went into the trucking business.

Why am I sharing about this trucker named Albert from Wales? I'll tell you why. Albert has the most awesome outlook on life that I've ever seen. He was told her had cancer. It was treated and he beat it, then came back somewhere else. It was treated and he beat it yet again. Last year Albert was told he had two years to live. When he first got sick, he trained his wife to drive the truck so the business would keep going.

Albert came into our dental office and as I called his name to seat him, I saw the biggest smile on his face. I don't think the smile ever went away. And to hear him talk about how blessed he was given his trials with cancer I was blown away. I was almost in tears as he sat there and talked about he and his wife. He said that he tried taking a trip with his wife as she ran a route but it took him 2 weeks to get over the long haul...and he was only riding. So, he'll never drive his truck again and can't even share the ride. He's going back on chemo to try to beat cancer again, but he says it'll never go away. To know that you are going to die yet still have the outlook on life like Albert has is completely amazing! I will never forget this man who has taught me so much in his 30 minute visit to the dentist.

1 comment:

M. Schlansker said...

It's amazing who God uses to witness, isn't it. Sometimes when we least expect it we get exactly what we need but didn't know we needed. That's our Amazing Lord!