Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day One Over

Well, we made it through the first day. The nurses changed over at 7:00 pm and then we had Ms. Lori and Ms. Sherri. Again, two very sweet nurses. They unhooked the med tube at 8:00 as promised and LJ was free to roam. We went down to the playground to play a little. We stayed about 30 minutes but LJ was so sleepy that he was ready to come back to the room to lay down.


Mimi and Pop and the girls came to visit and brought him a small whiteboard and some markers.  He loved them!  He drew a picture of himself and one of the girls told him he needed to add the tube in his nose to his picture of himself so he did.  I had to take a picture to always remember it.  



It's 6:30 am now and we're both awake already.  I didn't sleep well at all but then again I didn't expect to.  I started out in the hospital bed with LJ and then got woke up at midnight when the nurse came in to take his vitals so I moved to the couch (if you consider a very thin mat laying over a very hard tabletop like surface a couch).  My back is killing me but I have to be thankful that we're here for just a short amount of time because I know it could be worse.


No comments: