Saturday, June 26, 2010

Changes ahead

We've started a new experiment in hopes that we can calm LJ down. First was something I've been wanting to do for about a year now...and that is install a swing indoors! I bought a chin up bar (on clearance from 100 down to 20!! Score one for me!) It screws into the doorway and I just attached the swing to it. LJ loved it and I have to admit that I took a few turns too and it's fun! Excuse the dirty swing..I grabbed a swing from the swingset outside! I'll be buying a new swing for indoors soon.

Photobucket


The second change we're making is to LJ's diet. We are going gluten free for him. I spent way too much of my paycheck to purchase certain foods (Earth Fare...you're great for what I need but must you charge so much...just be glad I saved so much on that chin up bar!) I bought gluten free cookies, crackers, bread, pancake mix, pasta and pasta sauce. Also got gluten free cereals and peanut butter and jam. We should be set for the week besides a few things I want to pick up Wednesday. I wanted to buy GF waffles, chicken nuggets and frozen dinners but I had another stop to make before heading back home and I didn't have a cooler so I couldn't get the cold stuff.

I sure hope we see a change in him with this. I read another blog and the mom stated that after starting her son on a GF diet for SPD she saw a change. His "mud" poop went to normal and his stimming was reduced. LJ has both of these issues as well as crazy hyperness so we'll see if anything changes. I plan to make it at least 3 or 4 weeks before I say for sure if there's a change.

We also picked up a play-doh playset today on clearance (I love clearance). I got almost an hour of calm sitting down playtime out of LJ. I did sit with him while he played. It was a miracle that he sat for that long. I plan on doing activities with him like this to get him used to sitting for longer periods before school starts.

1 comment:

M. Schlansker said...

Yay for clearance! Now if only I could find a water table for C on clearance..perhaps in Dec?