Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It just arrived!

My new sewing room that is! The poor guy that delivered it had one heck of a time getting it back where I wanted it, but he did it. You would've thought they'd send some help, but he had to move that thing alone. I'm so excited. I'd be more excited if I could go out right now and buy the insulation, electrical stuff and drywall and put it all up and move in! I'm so ready.

Here is the space just waiting for the building.



And here she is! Just waiting for my stuff to fill it up.





I put the table in there to try and see how many shelves I can put above my sewing desk. I'm glad I can get 2 shelves above it. It'll be great and I'll have enough space to store all of my notions and stuff above my machines. Then I'll have room on the end of my desk to put a large bookcase for storing my fabric on. And maybe a tv and dvd player. It'll be my retreat away from everything. The other side of the building will have all shelves for storing out of season clothes and a few things I just can't bear to part with. And I'm going to put a table and chairs in there for the kids to do arts and crafts while I'm working.

In a perfect world I'd put down flooring, but I don't know if I can afford to do that right now.

1 comment:

M. Schlansker said...

nice! I love the idea of a space just for you....I think I need one of those :)